Market CounselSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0021556 Division StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
StubHub,www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Legal Counsel, Marketing
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are. We're bold, inventive and are constantly upping our game. StubHub Inc.’s innovative Legal Department is looking for a business-focused attorney to provide legal support to its Marketing organization, based in San Francisco, California. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support and guidance to StubHub’s North America Marketing, Customer Service, Events, and PR teams. In this role, you will counsel those functions and their teams on consumer protection, intellectual property, e-commerce, and privacy issues. You will personally be involved in strategically important commercial transactions and oversee drafting and negotiating deals with traditional media, social media, marketing partners and vendors, and more. The ideal candidate is someone who collaborates well cross functionally and acts as a true business partner on a diverse range of cutting-edge legal issues.
This Role’s primary accountabilities include:
- Working closely with marketing and PR executives and their leadership teams and acting as their real-time legal advisor;
- Being deeply integrated with business partners, understanding their needs and helping to find creative solutions to achieve business objectives;
- Working with business stakeholders to understand, structure, draft, negotiate and close commercial agreements;
- Coordinating with cross functional stakeholders, including Tax, Finance, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP, and other internal teams.
Candidates must have:
- JD or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school
- Bar membership in California
- At least 6-8 years of relevant legal experience, including drafting and negotiating contracts
- Understanding of legal principles applicable to technology and marketing transactions, including intellectual property, privacy, regulatory and consumer protection laws, digital media, online advertising, social media, promotions, and events/hospitality
- The ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with senior executives with ease
- Willingness to be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken in this role
- Comfort with ambiguity, change and a fast-paced culture, and a practical, solutions-oriented focus to solving legal challenges
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong judgment and project management skills and someone who’s always thinking about better ways of doing things
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitude, a sense of humor and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- The ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge
- Prior in-house experience preferred but not required
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.